enjoying tea osmanthus oolong
EnjoyingTea.com is one of the top tea retailers online. I was fortunate enough to receive several samples from them a few weeks ago. Among these samples was this Osmanthus Oolong. Osmanthus is a flowering plant native to parts of Asia. This Oolong tea is blended with high quality golden Osmanthus and provides the prominent floral fragrance and flavor to this tea.
The dry leaf is a typical balled Oolong shape, with yellow Osmanthus petals scattered throughout. Is smells sweet and floral, and has a nutty aspect that is characteristic to many Oolongs.
After steeping, the liquor is a greenish yellow and has a captivating fragrance. The floral characteristics are prominent in the nose. There is also the fresh, green (but not vegetal) aroma typical of a good Oolong. What a perfume. I could smell this all day.
Tasting the liquor was a delight. It is smooth, floral, medium bodied and has a long finish. There are strong floral notes from the Osmanthus, which was intensified by the natural florality of lighter oxidized Oolongs. There is a very slight woody flavor coming through, along with some sweetness, mostly on the aftertaste.
EnjoyingTea.com has impressed me again. This tea is easy to drink, delicious, and steeps multiple times. A tea to share over conversation and company certainly, but also a great tea in solitary.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)